March 15, 2009

As many of you know I went to a conference for ministers wives that Beth Moore led this weekend. My dear sweet friend Jill went with me. We had such a good time reconnecting with each other and worshipping together.
I have been the wife of a minister for almost 16 years now. There have been times during those years that I wished Stephen did anything else but this.
But overall I wouldn't trade these years of serving the Lord beside Stephen for anything. Nothing. At all.
I feel blessed of the Lord to be the wife of a preacher. God called him to the ministry all the while knowing that I was going to be his wife. This is exactly what God wants for my life.

I say that to say this.
There are many ministers wives that are hurting. The alter at the conference was filled with hurting women. So I'm asking you to do this-
Go to your preachers wife, your student ministers wife, your music ministers wife, and hug her. Tell her you love her, tell her thanks, send her a card, a scripture. Something.
She is the unseen supporter of your pastor. She hurts when your family hurts and she rejoices when you rejoice. She loves you.
She is not perfect. She will make mistakes. She will protect her children. She will protect and defend her husband and most importantly she will serve the Lord.
Love on her this week. If you don't know her very well, if you have had a disagreement, if you don't think she is doing a very good job, love on her anyway.
Please.
Don't do this just because I asked you to. Do this because you want to minister to your ministers wife.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment