June 26, 2009

The rest of the story

The thing about a blog is that I only tell you what I want you to know.

It may seem like you are delving into my private life, looking in my windows. But what you are reading and what you know about me is only what I allow you to know.

Today I'm going to tell you that a prayer I've been praying for over 2 years has been answered.

Anna is potty trained!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a Halleluja!?!

We have been working on this since January 2007. Never stopping, never giving up, never buying diapers the whole time.

It hasn't been easy. It has been terribly hard. There have been many tears, many prayers, many tests run. Many times I have doubted my ability to parent.

Its really amazing how the will of a 2,3,4,5 year old make a grown mother of 4 doubt.

I wanted to tell you about this as soon as I realized we finally had success. But I've wanted to make sure.

Real sure.

I can't tell you how excited we all are. (Even the boys had been praying) There is a sense of freedom, a burden lifted, a secret silenced.

Anna is a darling little girl. She is growing up to be a beautiful, sweet and outgoing girl. And we are so proud of her.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go Sweet Anna... and way to go to her mom!

    YFA
    TBEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know I'm doing a happy dance for you! :) Congrats!!! I know you must be thrilled!! Yay Anna!!

    ReplyDelete