September 22, 2010

Salem Ridge Press Review

Salem Ridge Press is a publishing company founded by Daniel Mills, a homeschool graduate.

The goal of Salem Ridge Press is to seek out well written books from the late 1800's-early 1900's that teach godly character and high moral values.

That is not to say that all books they publish are Christian books, but they all must conform to the philosphy of the company which is Phillipians 4:8.
Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whaterver things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy- meditate on these things.

I received Out of the Mouth of the Lion as a paperback and two e-books. The first was Yussuf The Guide the other was The Martyr's Victory

The books are suggested for twelve years and up. I don't believe that to be exaggerated. The language is difficult to read, although definitions of some of the more difficult words are at the bottom of the page.

Out of the Mouth of the Lion was not a book for my teenage son. Although he would have enjoyed the story he couldn't get past the old world language and the slow beginning of the book.

The two e-books were good reads, but also had hard to understand language and we just really aren't that fond of an e-book printed out on paper.

What I do appreciate about Salem Ridge Press is their commitment to excellence. I know that any book I purchase from them will be approriate for my children. I won't have to worry about adult situations or rude and crude language.

Those things alone endear me to this company.


I received three books from Salem Ridge Press as a consultant to TOS for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment