December 29, 2009

On to Round 3

Round 1 and Round 2 of Christmas are done!!!

This was our first year to stay at our home for all of Christmas. We had decided some time last Christmas that we should stay home and see if we liked it. Going from my moms to his parents house, fitting in relatives, meals, friends, and last minute shopping was wearing us out. Not to mention Stephen having to load the van with the presents we had to take home. So, the decision was made.

This year Stephen's parents came the week of Christmas and my mom came the day after and stayed the night. We are going to Dad's this weekend.

Sounds relaxing doesn't it? But, oh my goodness. The work!

I cooked pies, cakes, meals, meals and more meals. I was exhausted by Friday.

I haven't decided if I like Christmas at my house any better than Christmas in Ft. Smith. I love the hustle and bustle of the holiday. And seeing my family.

We went to my Mamaws for Thanksgiving this year so that we could see the family we wouldn't get to see at Christmas. I'm so glad we did that. If I hadn't seen my aunts, uncles, and cousins I think I would have had to make a trip to the Fort on Christmas Eve for a family fix!

I wasn't so sad that I cried about being home and away from my family. It was different, and I just haven't decided if different was good or not.

We'll have to have a discussion about it as a couple and a family and see what we do next year. That can wait a while though. Thank heavens!

1 comment:

  1. I cried...you are stronger than me! I miss you...email me back!
    AJL

    ReplyDelete