January 10, 2010

I remember many years ago at an Amy Grant concert she said "you've just got to love people". I don't know why I remember that from so many years ago but it has stuck with me.

There have been times when it has come to mind just when I need it.

God is good. Sometimes people aren't. Sometimes I'm not.

What I need to remember is that Jesus commanded me to love my neighbor. My neighbor is more than just the people that live in my neighborhood. My neighbor is everyone.

Sometimes my neighbor isn't nice to me. Sometimes my neighbor hurts my feelings, or worse hurts my children and husbands feelings. It's not easy dealing with people when they do that.

What do I do?

I love my neighbor. I don't talk about it. I don't hurt back. I'm supposed to love.

It isn't easy. Its hard. But I have to do it.

And so do you.

1 comment:

  1. That's a tough one. I always try to be nice and kind to everyone. When someone wrongs my husband or daughter, the claws come out. I have to work on that.

    ReplyDelete