March 3, 2010

A Doughnut Obsession

I am a Krispy Kreme fan from way back.

When we would go to Pensacola on vacation we would always stop at Krispy Kreme for doughnuts.

And then Krispy Kreme made its appearance in Memphis. Whenever we were there we would get more than enough for the two of us!

When the hot doughnut sign is on they give you a free one. Sometimes you have to drive around the block a couple of times before the sign comes on, but its worth the gas! The hot ones just melt in your mouth! I often forget I ate one because I didn't even have to chew.

Over the weekend Cindy told me about the ice cream filled doughnut. I haven't ventured from the glazed and the occasional chocolate (which, strangely, I'm not a fan of.)

Don't be fooled it isn't filled with ice cream but something like birthday cake icing. Oh sweetness! I couldn't finish the whole thing. But it was so good!

And Cindy had never been inside a Krispy Kreme store. I couldn't believe it. She had never seen them made. And she wasn't the least bit excited to watch the process. She just wanted a doughnut.

Are you a Krispy Kreme fan? Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment