September 24, 2010

A Shleich Review



We got to review toys!

Schleich Inc. sent us eight animals to play with and then tell you about. The kids loved it!

We received a Przewalskis Horse, Donkey, Dartmoor Pony, Swabian Hall Piglet, Asian Elephant Calf, Okapi, Gnu, and a Gnu calf.

I had never heard of an Okapi before so as soon as we got the animals out of the box and found out that we had an Okapi we did a little research and found out about this guy. The boys loved it!

D&D took it upon themselves to learn more about the Gnu. So, playtime became educational. And really, isn't that what learning is all about?

These animals are beautiful. They are solid and weighty. They can even be played with on carpet. I don't know about you, but my kids don't like it when their toys won't stand up on the carpet. They are also textured and the fine attention to detail is amazing. Each toy is engineered by a craftsman who works on the finest details for up to six weeks. Then each figurine is painted by hand. So, each toy is unique. You are just going to love these!

These animals can't be ordered direct from Schleich but can be found in stores all over the country. I know Target sells them and good toy stores will have them.

Schleich doesn't just have animals. They have knights, cowboys and indians, and get this, Smurfs! Can you belive it? The catalog they sent has eight pages of Smurfs. It's like 1980 all over again!

I love these Schleich products. Sorry the picture doesn't have all the animals in it. I took it after the kids went to bed and these were the only ones I could find outside of their rooms. I think Anna is sleeping with the pig!

I received these products as a reviewer for TOS, in return for a fair and honest review of the product.

1 comment:

  1. My boys were very excited to hear that we would be reviewing TOYS, too! They barely even noticed how much research we did learning about each animal! LOL

    ReplyDelete